Driving is probably one of the single most dangerous things we do every day. In the United States, there are more than 30,000 deaths associated with car accidents every year and an additional 2,000,000 people are injured. Although we do our best to be responsible behind the wheel, accidents still happen. They are often traumatic and unexpected. Below, is a list of things you should do if you are involved in a car accident.
1. SAFETY - Your safety always comes first. Make sure that you and
others in your vehicle are safe. First, turn on your hazard lights. If it is
not safe to exit your vehicle, or if you are unable to exit, keep your
seatbelt ON and call 911. Make sure you are not injured and that
others in your vehicle are not injured.
2 REPORT THE INCIDENT - Make sure you are able to provide
information. Be able to provide your basic information to the
Dispatcher, such as your name and telephone number, and location.
REPORT ANY SERIOUS INJURIES immediately. Stay on the phone with
the dispatcher until she tells you that you can hang up.
3. GATHER INFORMATION - Write down the license plate information of the vehicle(s)Involved in the accident. You should also obtain the names of all persons who were driving the vehicle(s) involved in the accident, and request their automobile insurance information. If possible, take pictures of the damage sustained to the vehicles involved in the crash. If there are witnesses, take down their contact information.
4. DO NOT ACCEPT BLAME OR ARGUE WITH OTHER DRIVER
5. RESIDUAL INJURIES - In many cases, you may not even know that you have been injured. Sometimes, the shock and adrenaline of having been involved in a serious wreck can mask the pain. Often times, we begin to feel the physical pain and injury several hours, or perhaps even days later. In any event, you should always go to your primary physician to make sure that you are not seriously injured, and seek follow up care if necessary. In many cases, your physician may recommend you see an orthopedist and/or a pain management specialist, prescribe physical therapy, chiropractic care, or massage.
6. CONTACT THE LAW OFFICES OF COMRAS AND COMRAS, PA. - If you are injured by someone else's negligence, you will need the assistance of an experienced lawyer to represent you. Often times, you will quickly be contacted by the insurance company who insures the driver responsible for the accident. They will want to ask you questions about how the accident happened and what injuries you sustained. They may even request your permission to record the conversation. Many times, they will use this information for their benefit, and not yours. DO NOT AGREE to provide a recorded interview with any insurance company until you have first spoken with The Law Offices of Comras & Comras. Contact us immediately if you have received a call from the insurance company.
At the Law Offices of Comras and Comras, we have helped all of our clients obtain maximum compensation for their injuries.
Our staff will oversee that your vehicle is fixed, and/or make sure that you recover the full value of the vehicle if it is deemed to be a total loss. We also make sure that your medical bills get paid and that you get compensated for any time lost from work. In some instances we may be able to help you recover compensation for the diminished value of your vehicle as a result of the accident.
We have a great reputation for building and maintaining relationships with our clients. We always keep them current with the status of their case or claim, and make sure that all questions get answered quickly.
The Law Offices of Comras and Comras proudly serves all areas of Florida, including Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami Dade Counties. We will even to come to you or your home to provide you with a FREE legal consulation, whether you live in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Hallandale, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Oakland Park, Sunrise, Miami, Coral Springs, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Weston, Parkland, Aventura, Opa Locka, Hialeah, or anywhere else in the tri-county area.
Call us Today! We will be happy to help you and answer any questions you might have! (954) 765-3740. As Always, YOUR CONSULTATION WITH A LAWYER IS FREE!